What could be funded
Examples of projects we are likely to fund in the future include:
Localised tree planting and/or woodland creation
With the aim to:
- Screen or filter specific views of pylons or sections of 400 kV
- Re-focus or channel views affected by 400 kV
- Where appropriate increase tree cover to filter views and/ or enhance general visual amenity of areas affected by 400 kV OHL;
- Enhance the quality, condition and/ or special qualities of the landscape.
Management, re-planting and/or planting of new hedgerows
With the aim to:
- Enhance the quality/ condition of the landscape;
- Screen or filter specific views of pylons or sections of 400 kV OHL;
- Restore characteristic landscape features where appropriate, e.g. reinstatement of historic field boundaries.
Changes to trails, footpaths, cycleways and riding routes
These might include:
- Localised diversions which may move people away from 400 kV OHL infrastructure and/ or re-focus people’s views away from the OHL;
- New trails which may offer alternative routes for walkers, cyclists or horse riders with the aim to re-focus views away from 400 kV OHL infrastructure and/ or allow people to appreciate the landscape with fewer views of the OHL.
Projects that enhance the special qualities of landscape and may also benefit biodiversity
Landscape works which enhance the landscape and also biodiversity. Such enhancements may include habitat creation; in particular where such habitats are considered to contribute towards the special qualities of the National Park or AONB.
Projects that enhance the special qualities of landscape and may also benefit cultural heritage
Landscape works which enhance the landscape and also the setting of cultural heritage assets such as Scheduled Monuments which may be affected by 400 kV OHL infrastructure.
If you have other questions or need support in applying please contact us: Help & Support
For LEI Projects that have been funded to date please click here.