Five new projects to mitigate the impact of National Grid’s electricity transmission infrastructure have been submitted to Ofgem for final evaluation. This follows approval for each of the schemes given by the LEI Approvals Panel at its meeting in December 2017.
The five projects being considered by Ofgem for the third round of LEI funding are:
- Gentleshaw Common into the Future (Cannock Chase AONB)
- Reconncting the Ridgeway (Dorset AONB)
- High Downs (Kent Downs AONB)
- North Downs Living Grid (Kent Downs AONB)
- Arncliffe Wood and Scarth Wood Moor Restoration (North York Moors National Park)
A final decision on whether to fund these projects is expected to be made by Ofgem in summer 2018.